Sparkling Sparklers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'n Vriendelike Veeltalige Internasionale Bymekaarkomplek
A Friendly Multilingual International Social Meeting Point

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 4:13 pm

Perhaps you have complete trust or confidence in what you say is right also???? thats faith my friend....call me a liar, but that is blind faith.........
Back to top Go down
Warrefok
Entheos
Warrefok

Male
Number of posts : 1056
Registration date : 2007-10-18

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 4:13 pm

seacomic wrote:
... ... ... yeah, the conclusion, as I see it, is as I suggested....we will have to agree to disagree..... ... ... ...
Do you mean to say that when debating any issue in future, that by saying
"we will have to agree to disagree",
one side of the debate can bring such a discussion to a sudden one sided halt ... ???

We do obviously disagree ... but that does not mean that we are not allowed to
express our different views on the subject. Be at least consistant with your
"believe and let believe" philosophy.

And what's more, when I inform you honestly that I do not understand what you meant,
it is not nice to receive an answer like the one you gave me above.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 4:14 pm

Oh..thank goodness a new page.......lol

Comic,,,,,,,,no funny business hey?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 4:17 pm

ok, I promise....gonna sit here in the corner and shut the ....up.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 4:17 pm

quote Yes, I would like everybody to see that blind faith is wrong. Unquote.....

Its always easy to fall into ones own trap........ lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 4:21 pm

The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 3 101353743_885c1c855b

BigLaugh BigLaugh BigLaugh BigLaugh BigLaugh BigLaugh BigLaugh BigLaugh BigLaugh BigLaugh BigLaugh BigLaugh BigLaugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 4:24 pm

ok, I cannot be still, ok...
I am sorry, WF.....I really did not mean to be rude....if that's how you saw it....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 4:27 pm

science

n
noun
the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.
a systematically organized body of knowledge on any subject. Is not Christianity/Atheism exactly this?????
archaic knowledge.
ORIGIN

Middle English: from Old French, from Latin
scientia 'knowledge', from scire 'know'.

come on Warre...... Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 4:29 pm

Oh damit theres the word knowledge again........pmsl lol!
Back to top Go down
Warrefok
Entheos
Warrefok

Male

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 4:32 pm

Drewberryboy wrote:
With great pleasure Sir

faith

n
noun
complete trust or confidence. You, for example Warrefok, seem to have faith in science or am I wrong????
I do not need ANY trust or confidence in proveable issues DBB.
Why would I need faith to believe that 1+1+1=3 ???
Not because I was taught that it is so, like you previoulsy stated,
but because I was taught to PROVE that it is so.

Drewberryboy wrote:
religion
n
noun 2 a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion. I need not say anything here...you do the "MATH" on the science aspect....
Science, Oxford:
n. 1 branch of knowledge involving systematized observation and experiment.
2 a knowledge so gained, or on a specific subject. b pursuit or principles of this.
3 skilful technique. [Latin scio know]

1. Where does religion involve 'systematized observation and experiment" ???
2. Where/how/when did religion gain knowledge as explained in 1 ... ???
3. Yah, maybe skilful tecnique ... he he he ... very funny indeed ...

Drewberryboy wrote:
Need I say more????? No sir, science is not another faith ... Question If you say so Warre.....
I say so without hesitation DBB ... science and faith is light years apart ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 4:49 pm

Then perhaps you did not read and understand clearly what I have written.....I cant help that.

That is exactly what religion is.....why are you unable to see that?

Concise Oxford 11th Edition......On religion....2 a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion.
If that is not systemized observation....then I don't know......

as to the experiment, people follow the faith to see where it leads....thats an experiment....they dont KNOW the result....

I could go on here, but I see there is no point.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 4:52 pm

oh I am so relieved .....these circles are so tiresome, dontya think, Drew......
Back to top Go down
Warrefok
Entheos
Warrefok

Male

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 5:31 pm

Drewberryboy wrote:
Then perhaps you did not read and understand clearly what I have written.....I cant help that.

That is exactly what religion is.....why are you unable to see that?
Then show me how the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, three "persons", are not three, but one.
Show me how one can come to that end result by systematized observation and experiment.

"Systematized observation and experiment" is exactly the oposite of religion that is based on blind faith ...
Why are you not able to understand that ... ???

Drewberryboy wrote:

Concise Oxford 11th Edition......On religion....2 a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion.
If that is not systemized observation....then I don't know......
We clearly differ on what systematised observation entails DBB ...
It may be "
a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion" yes,
but that is not a proper definition for science at all.

wikipedia

Science (from the Latin scientia, 'knowledge'), in the broadest sense, refers to any systematic knowledge or practice. In a more restricted sense, science refers to a system of acquiring knowledge based on the scientific method, as well as to the organized body of knowledge gained through such research.

Science busies itself with the natural, not the supernatural as do religion.

Drewberryboy wrote:
as to the experiment, people follow the faith to see where it leads....thats an experiment....they dont KNOW the result....
Bull crap man ... that is not experiment ... that is gamble ... BigLaugh

Drewberryboy wrote:
You once asked me what it is that I believe and I gave you an answer ...
May I now know what it is that you believe DBB ... ???
Back to top Go down
Warrefok
Entheos
Warrefok

Male

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 6:14 pm

Drewberryboy wrote:
come on Warre...... Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
Drewberryboy wrote:
And... what now ... ???
Back to top Go down
Warrefok
Entheos
Warrefok

Male

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 6:15 pm

seacomic wrote:
... ... ... geez, and after all my debating, you have nothing to say?....
c'mon WF......you disappoint me..... ... ... ...
seacomic wrote:
oh I am so relieved .....these circles are so tiresome, dontya think, Drew......
And ... what now ... ???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 6:58 pm

With pleasure Warre....I'm not sure what I believe and what I don't...Does anybody unblindly or blindly, know the answers? No, of course we don't.

Most of the human conscious (spelling) existence is based on assumption and experience....We can mostly only know what we do, based on our experience, or shared experience (and we know where that can lead) i.e......1+1+1=3 Who said so? Mathematics is a tool, not a fact....If you understand my reasoning here, you will see that 1+1+1 only equals 3 because 1 has a value...That value is not a fact, it's not even tangeable....It's a concept....Now how does one prove a concept exactly???? Get my drift????....The same rule applies to the Trinity....It's a concept for fooks sake...We cant for that matter prove our own existnce on this planet....If you really want to take it that far.... Or that we even see colours the same way or feel things the same way.......How do you explain that?

So to answer your question on the Trinity, perhaps you are able to understand that 1+1+1=3 or 1....It depends on the value of 1 (if the value of one is 1 third) (or in other words three things can add up to one)(or god the father God the Spirit and God The Sun are one but in three parts) in this case 1 is the same as 1 is the same as 1 and equals 1 or 3 (if you cut an Eves' apple into 3 parts what do you have, Oranges? or Apple?) hehehehe
It's not that complicated....Also not to be confused, is the word persons, with person....have a look at the context in which the word persons is used to make it a bit clearer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypostasis_%28religion%29

To your question "Systematized observation and experiment" is exactly the oposite of religion that is based on blind faith ...

Is it? If you have the time you can study anthroposophy, you will find some answers there...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthroposophy

Why are you not able to understand that ... ??? Would you like the short or the long version?
I am able to understand that you do not believe it, therefor to you it does not exist.
Do you honestly think scientists do NOT study the paranormal or in your words supernatural??????
I think you are wrong my friend. If it did not exist, what are they studying...yep, here we are again...NOTHING??? Not fooking likely!
Very Happy

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 7:12 pm

Understand this Warre.....

This is how science works, There's a question and science investigates it. You
can't draw a line and say, no, that's outside of science. Science
doesn't have any boundaries in what it can investigate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 7:43 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaphysics heres another...k...I'm bored with this now.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: ...   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 2:15 am

hiya , all ... interesting debate on 1+1+1= 1 ... but so simple ... certainly all will agree that even us (we) also consist of 1) a body 2) a mind and 3) a soul ? ... Yet, we are one person /dog /cat/ ... for those who believe that there is an animal kingdom as well ...

And , great , that it brings us to NOTHING which can be (something ) (like the atom which is actually nothing ) but can be something in its destructiveness ( which brings us back to nothing) ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: More of Nothing   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 2:26 am

We have to accept that 0 is also a value because when the temperature drops to 0 it snows (so something happens at nothing , notably at 0 , but in real cold countries we may have even minus 40 degrees at nothing .... gosh , me thinx we can go on and on and on starting from the alpha to the omega and beyond.
Back to top Go down
Warrefok
Entheos
Warrefok

Male

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 1:03 pm

SIMSI wrote:
hiya , all ... interesting debate on 1+1+1= 1 ... but so simple ... certainly all will agree that even us (we) also consist of 1) a body 2) a mind and 3) a soul ? ... Yet, we are one person /dog /cat/ ... for those who believe that there is an animal kingdom as well ...
Geez woman ... you can be silly so early in the morning hey ...
The "body", "mind" and "soul" are one according to you ... ???

I do not know how you define "mind" in this context, so I will leave it alone for the moment.
Let us look at "body" and "soul" in the mean time ...

When the "body" dies, it goes back to mother earth ... 6 feet under ... to rot and integrate with the earth once more ...

But ... at the time of death, where do you believe the "soul" goes ... ???
To some heaven or hell, or some place to await "judgement", if I am correct ...

How in some holy one's name can you talk of the two as being one ... ???

SIMSI wrote:
And , great , that it brings us to NOTHING which can be (something ) (like the atom which is actually nothing ) but can be something in its destructiveness ( which brings us back to nothing) ...
A atom is actually nothing ... ???
Fook girl ... the atom even have protons, neutrons and electrons built into it ...

You are simply throwing garbage around ... as per usual ...
The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 3 Atom_model_03

The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 3 AtomLabeledLarge
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 10:27 am

Hey you two....Get a room.... lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 11:08 pm

Last edited by on Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: O0000000000000H YES !!!! YES !!!!!!!!!   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 11:17 pm

Quote :
The "body", "mind" and "soul" are one according to you ... ???
... yes , it is ... I shall elaborate on that later ... Actually this is part of my thesis .. so, actually not to be discussed as of now. Ideas can still be used /"stolen" before it is copyrighted .

I can , however, refer you to the book written by Watchman Nee , "The Spiritual Man" ... I have referred you to this book before ... but it seems you have not read it ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: .....   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 11:44 pm

See also Einstein ... Science without religion is lame ....

He also throwing garbage around as per usual? hehehehehe .. sometimes he did , yep ... but in the later years ... he stopped throwing garbage around and saw the Light ...

Remember , time and tide waits for no man ... whether you believe or not ...

As to your atom ... it has protons and neutrons ... so what . ... so has the Triune ... the All in One ... A father , a Son and a Holy Spirit ... "acting as One "... gloss , it that so difficult to understand ? ... see also the references that Drew supplied on the Wikipedia-site ...

Your atom consists of a space .. it's value is 0 ... yet it has a nucleus , protons and neutrons ... acting together ... it destroys ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sparkling Sparklers :: Sparkling Sparklers Forums :: Godsdiens - Religion-
Jump to: