Sparkling Sparklers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'n Vriendelike Veeltalige Internasionale Bymekaarkomplek
A Friendly Multilingual International Social Meeting Point

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 1:56 pm

The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 101353743_885c1c855b

Oh Feathers!!!.....I'm outa here....lol
Back to top Go down
Warrefok
Entheos
Warrefok

Male
Number of posts : 1056
Registration date : 2007-10-18

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 2:00 pm

Drewberryboy wrote:
Warre

It stands to reason that if you state they are talking crap, that what you believe must be the truth.
Otherwise you would have to be prepared to be wrong.....
I say again ... I respond to what others try to convince me by saying that that beliefs are crap.
I do not offer an alternative belief system, I do not attempt to convert anybody to anything else ...
If I was doing that, then you can accuse me of "what you believe must be the truth".

Drewberryboy wrote:
Isn't it obvious? I think you want me to believe that they are wrong.....Don't you?
Yes, I would like everybody to see that blind faith is wrong.
But do you see that as an alternative "faith" ... ???
To not believe what I have come to see for myself to be crap, is that another "faith" ... ???
Back to top Go down
Warrefok
Entheos
Warrefok

Male

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 2:04 pm

seacomic wrote:
oh come now, WF....stop splitting hairs.....faith/opinion.....my opinion is my faith....my faith is my opinion.....
Right ... let us go back to the beginning of this topic then ...

My opinion is this:
Why oh why is the homo sapiens species so mind-boggling vulnerable to charlatans ... ???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 2:14 pm

study yeah.....and your point is?.....I then replied later on....who gives you the right to call them/us charlatans?

charlatan (redirected from Charlatans)

Also found in: Medical, Wikipedia0.04 sec.

.OvBorder{width:550px}

write_ads(AdsNum, 0)

char·la·tan
play_w("C0250600")

(shärThe challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 PrimelThe challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 Schwa-tThe challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 Schwan) n. A person who makes elaborate, fraudulent, and often voluble claims to skill or knowledge; a quack or fraud.

[French, from Italian ciarlatano, probably alteration (influenced by ciarlare, to prattle) of cerretano, inhabitant of Cerreto, a city of Italy once famous for its quacks.]

charThe challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 Lprimela·tanThe challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 Primeic (-tThe challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 AbrevenThe challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 PrimeThe challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 Ibrevek), charThe challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 Lprimela·tanThe challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 Primei·cal adj.
charThe challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 Primela·tan·ism, charThe challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 Primela·tan·ry n.
hm();Sources=Sources | 2;

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2003. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.ThesaurusLegend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms

Noun1.The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 69393-charlatancharlatan - a flamboyant deceiver; one who attracts customers with tricks or jokes mountebank
beguiler, cheater, deceiver, trickster, slicker, cheat - someone who leads you to believe something that is not true

craniologist, phrenologist - someone who claims to be able to read your character from the shape of your skull

quack - an untrained person who pretends to be a physician and who dispenses medical advice

Sources=Sources | 4

Attribution()

SocialNetworks()

Link to this page:

Please bookmark with social media, your votes are noticed and appreciated:

The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 Social-networks

hmmmmm.wonder who the charlatan really is? flower flower

write_ads(AdsNum, 0)
?Page tools

The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 Ico_printPrinter friendly
The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 Ico_linkCite / link
[url=mailto://?subject=Charlatans&body=%22Charlatans%22 from general English dictionary and thesaurus provided by thefreedictionary.com%0d%0a%0d%0aURL%3a http%3a%2f%2fwww.thefreedictionary.com%2fCharlatans]The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 Ico_emailEmail[/url]
The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 Ico_feedbackFeedback
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 2:17 pm

Yes, I would like everybody to see that blind faith is wrong.
But do you see that as an alternative "faith" ... ???
To not believe what I have come to see for myself to be crap, is that another "faith" ... ???

So if you'd like everbody to see that blind faith is wrong.....
Then you must believe it to be so....No?
That would make it a belief....YES...of course!!!!! hahahha! lol......Another faith...Absolutely!!!

Aweeeeee Sea!!!! Whatcha go and do that for.......pmsl
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 2:20 pm

Ja...I think so.....to not believe is also a faith..it's a belief in itself or a belief in NOTHING....
Oh crap we're back there again........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 2:24 pm

lol! Drew.....jissie, I really fooked that 1 up....see, I'm not so au fait with da copy and paste.....foook...sorry, WF.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 2:27 pm

Compliments of Oxford........

charlatan
n noun a person falsely claiming to have a special knowledge or skill.

DERIVATIVES
charlatanism noun
charlatanry noun

ORIGIN
C17 (denoting an itinerant seller of supposed remedies): from French, from Italian ciarlatano, from ciarlare 'to babble'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 2:29 pm

Well if faith/belief is intangeable....

My guessis....then we all are....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 2:30 pm

tangerines?......light orange and dark orange?
Back to top Go down
Warrefok
Entheos
Warrefok

Male

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 2:33 pm

seacomic wrote:
study yeah.....and your point is?.....I then replied later on....
who gives you the right to call them/us charlatans?
This is out of the Oxford dictionary from where I used the word;

charlatan n. person falsely claiming knowledge or skill.

These people, including you, were not there ... you simply believe it ...
To put it to others as being the truth, is to falsely pretend that you have
knowledge of/on the subject that you do not have ...

That my dear, is nothing but plain straight forward charlatanism ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 2:39 pm

Warrefok wrote:
seacomic wrote:
study yeah.....and your point is?.....I then replied later on....
who gives you the right to call them/us charlatans?
This is out of the Oxford dictionary from where I used the word;

charlatan n. person falsely claiming knowledge or skill.

These people, including you, were not there ... you simply believe it ...
To put it to others as being the truth, is to falsely pretend that you have
knowledge of/on the subject that you do not have ...

That my dear, is nothing but plain straight forward charlatanism ...

no my dear, WF.. it just makes YOU a charlatan too then.....falsely claiming knowledge or skill!!!!
do you have undeniable proof that Bernadette DID NOT see the apparition of the Virgin Mary?
Back to top Go down
Warrefok
Entheos
Warrefok

Male

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 2:45 pm

Drewberryboy wrote:
Ja...I think so.....to not believe is also a faith..it's a belief in itself or a belief in NOTHING....
Oh crap we're back there again........
DBB ... Let me try again ...

The Christian tells me that:
1+1+1=1

I say that that is crap ...

In other words, they believe that 1+1+1=1,
and I say that I do not believe that.

Their believing the above maths is called faith.
Now you want to tell me that my NOT believing it, is another faith ???

The one is blind faith whilst the other is science.

No sir, science is not another faith ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 2:54 pm

lol! WF.....do you really believe that we, as Christians, would ever derive at a maths equation where the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost is concerned?.....
Back to top Go down
Warrefok
Entheos
Warrefok

Male

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 2:58 pm

seacomic wrote:
lol! WF.....do you really believe that we, as Christians, would ever derive at a maths equation where the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost is concerned?.....
Sorry ... I do not understand your question ...
would you mind to elaborate ... ???
Back to top Go down
Warrefok
Entheos
Warrefok

Male

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 3:02 pm

seacomic wrote:
no my dear, WF.. it just makes
YOU a charlatan too then.....falsely claiming knowledge or skill!!!!
do you have undeniable proof that Bernadette DID NOT see the apparition of the
Virgin Mary?
You are being truly silly now you know ...
Who was making these claims ...
Who needs proof for their claims ...

It is exactly because nobody can produce proof to those claims that I say what I say ...
Now you expect me to produce "undeniable proof" to counter unprovable crap ... ???

To use your very own words SC ... come on now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 3:18 pm

Warrefok wrote:
seacomic wrote:
Sorry ... I do not understand your question ...
would you mind to elaborate ... ???

you dont, WF?.....
come now WF.......you seem to like circles.....lets just agree to disagree, really......your inability to accept that I, as a Christian, albeit a naughty one, a huge sinner too, will not bow down to your way of thinking, etc. is now becoming tiresome....finish and klaar.... flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 3:21 pm

No sir, science is not another faith ... Question

Oh really.... Question I did say, you might have to be prepared to be wrong....

Science as defined by Oxford for your information Sir.....

a systematically organized body of knowledge on any subject.

Religion, is a science my friend...faith, is a science my friend....I'm sorry you are not able to get your head around the concept....Most definately, NOT believing something is a faith...and even blind faith is a science

1+1+1=3 according to you.....cause thats what you have been taught...and therefor ...you believe it to be so...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 3:29 pm

and just so as we are clear on the word knowlege here is oxford again

knowledge

n
noun
information and skills acquired through experience or education.
Øthe sum of what is known. ØPhilosophy true, justified belief, as opposed to opinion.
awareness or familiarity gained by experience.

PHRASES

come to one's knowledge become known to one.
to (the best of) my knowledge
so far as I know.
as I know for certain.

ORIGIN

Middle English (orig. as v. in the sense 'acknowledge, recognize'): from an Old English compound based on cnawan (see
know).

Notice the part where it mentions belief.......The word fact does not appear here....
Back to top Go down
Warrefok
Entheos
Warrefok

Male

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 3:36 pm

seacomic wrote:
... ... ... really......your inability to accept that I, as a Christian, albeit a naughty one, a huge sinner too, will not bow down to your way of thinking, etc. is now becoming tiresome....finish and klaar.... flower
Then kindly refrain from asking questions in topics where I discuss what I do not believe ...
Simple ... finish en klaar ... Jive
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 3:40 pm

lol! oh oh.....so you can post your "charlatan" version......but nobody can question it, is that it??...but geez, up to a point WF......its a discussion, right......you to have a discussion all on your own, then?.....sorry, I interrupted....carry on then.....all by yourself.... Jive Jive
Back to top Go down
Warrefok
Entheos
Warrefok

Male

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 3:50 pm

seacomic wrote:
lol! oh oh.....so you can post your "charlatan" version......but nobody can question it, is that it??...but geez, up to a point WF......its a discussion, right......you to have a discussion all on your own, then?.....sorry, I interrupted....carry on then.....all by yourself.... Jive Jive
You are welcome, as is anybody, to participate in the discussion.
But if it "is becoming tiresome", then why bother ... ???
Back to top Go down
Warrefok
Entheos
Warrefok

Male

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 3:56 pm

Drewberryboy wrote:
... ... ... Religion, is a science my friend...faith, is a science my friend.... ... ... ...[/size]
I appreciate your teaching us the meanings of words right out of the Oxford dictionary, now
how about posting the meanings of "religion" and of "faith" from the very same dictionary,
where they explain to us what you say it means, i.e.
that "religion is a science" and that "faith is a science" ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 3:59 pm

Warrefok wrote:
seacomic wrote:
You are welcome, as is anybody, to participate in the discussion.
But if it "is becoming tiresome", then why bother ... ???

gee, thanks very much....
yeah, the conclusion, as I see it, is as I suggested....we will have to agree to disagree.....shake hands on it, WF.....shake!!!! geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 4:08 pm

With great pleasure Sir

faith

n
noun
complete trust or confidence. You, for example Warrefok, seem to have faith in science or am I wrong????
strong belief in a religion, based on spiritual conviction rather than proof.
Øa particular religion.
ORIGIN

Middle English: from Old French
feid, from Latin fides.

religion

n
noun
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
Øa particular system of faith and worship.
a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion. I need not say anything here...you do the "MATH" on the science aspect....

DERIVATIVES

religionless
adjective
ORIGIN

Middle English (orig. in the sense 'life under monastic vows'): from Old French, or from Latin religio(n-) 'obligation, reverence'.

Need I say more????? No sir, science is not another faith ... Question If you say so Warre.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sparkling Sparklers :: Sparkling Sparklers Forums :: Godsdiens - Religion-
Jump to: