'n Vriendelike Veeltalige Internasionale Bymekaarkomplek
A Friendly Multilingual International Social Meeting Point

 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 
 

 The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: ...   Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:40 pm

Quote :
Not a problem DBB ... call it argument, call it debate, call it what we want,
it is human nature I guess, when others can't see what we see, we start labelling each other ...
.... No, proff ... it's called ... bad manners ...
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: ....   Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:52 pm

Paste text into the box and MUTATE it! A useful tool
you can play with that visually demonstrates that random mutation can only
destroy information, not create it

©1994-2007 Cosmic Fingerprints and Willow Creek
Community Church,
South Barrington, Illinois
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: LOLOLOLL   Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:01 am

I followed this debate , Proff ... the sceptics' reasoning had me in stitches ... Worth a read and a good giggle .... tell me what you think ... or rather do not .... What a Face


The Atheist's Riddle: 30+ Skeptics Attempt To Solve It
From August 2005 to October 2005 December 2005 January 2006 March 2006 May 2006July 2006November
2006
February
2007
August 2007 (and counting), I have successfully advanced the Information Theory argument for
Intelligent Design on Infidels, the world’s largest Atheist
discussion board.






Information
Theory and DNA are the strongest argument against Atheism - because the laws of physics and chemistry do not explain the
existence of information.

On
August 30, 2005, a member of the infidels online forum (screen name
“wdog”) posted the following on the Internet Infidels
Discussion Board at http://iidb.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=135497&page=1



I have been emailing back and forth with Perry Marshall, the author of this site
http://www.cosmicfingerprints.com/ifyoucanreadthis.htm
and since it quickly expanded in scope I invited him to come here and
present his 'evidence' and proof. You might find the site amusing
anyway. Feel free to critique his statements as i am sure he may at
least read this since i will make him aware of this thread.
please be polite. Thanks



My first post:


Gentlemen:

The starting point of this discussion is my central thesis, which is:

1) DNA is not merely a molecule with a pattern; it is a code, a language, and an information storage mechanism.
2) All codes are created by a conscious mind; there is no natural process known to science that creates coded information.
3) Therefore DNA was designed by a mind.


If you can provide an empirical example of a code or language that
occurs naturally, you've toppled my proof. All you need is one.

Perry Marshall

The
discussion continued for more than 4 months and 300 posts. At the
end, nearly all participants dropped out, having failed to topple my
proof or produce any new objections that had not already been
addressed. In the course of a very detailed and vigorous
discussion my argument did not suffer the slightest injury.

There
were six major counter-arguments to information as proof of intelligent
design. You can follow these links for a thorough summary of the
discussion threads:


1. The objection that DNA is not a code (it is, by universal definition)
2. The objection that information is not real (it is, because it produces real effects)
3. The objection that information has no objective meaning (it does, because a message produces results that are just as objective and specific as the message itself)
4. The objection that random processes can create information (they can't)
5. The objection that codes do occur naturally (they don't)
6. The objection that the nature of the Designer cannot be determined (in very broad terms, it can)

(Note: for brevity and because of copyright concerns I have edited and
/ or paraphrased most of the questions, being careful not to change the
intent of the message. If you wish to read the full discussion
you can do so here.
Lest anyone accuse me of re-writing history here on my website, I
strongly encourage you to go see the forum for yourself! I was
challenged by dozens of people and responded in detail to all major
objections.)
On December 4, 2005 I made my last of 16 posts.
Notice that my language re-stating my syllogism is somewhat tightened
as a result of four months of discussion:



Let's review where we've been in this thread. I have said:

(1) The sequence of base pairs in DNA is a code.

Much
effort has been made to discredit this statement, unsuccessfully. This
statement is fully and explicitly supported in virtually all of the
scientific literature since the 1960's.


(2) All codes that we know the origin of come from a mind.

Much
effort has been expended to discredit this statement as well.
Assertions have been attempted that gravity, snowflakes, magma flows
and the like are codes. But none accurately conforms to Shannon's communication model. Most of the examples cited do not contain an encoding system, and none contain a decoding system.


(3) Therefore DNA came from a mind.

The
objection to this statement has been that the conclusion is reached
inductively. Complaints have been lodged that inductive reasoning is
inherently unreliable. But we do observe that the laws of
thermodynamics and in fact the majority of known scientific laws are
determined inductively and not deductively. If you wish to throw out
inductive reasoning, then we can discard almost all scientific
knowledge and start all over again and use rocks and sticks to make
fire.


Thus
we have, right here on the Infidels discussion forum, after more than
300 posts, robust evidence that life was intelligently designed.


Quote :
It
is not possible for me to persuade people to believe in God if they do
not want to; that is not my job. But one can hope that some will follow
the evidence, wherever it leads.

Perry Marshall



.... Agreed ....
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:56 am

Like I said, you did not even succeed to manufacture three. Two components of your trinity is God.

Thats not
my Trinity! That is the The Christian Trinity....You did not succeed in understanding what I wrote.


Oh, there are definately 3 things. I am not manufacturing anything here, they already exist.
Perhaps I made my explanation too complicated... Let me simplify....

Three things.... My Trinity if you prefer....


Universe

Life force


Man

Where is this flawed?

What do you call them??? PLEASE answer this question......


I call them that, Christians call them...

The Holy Spirit
The Father
The Son



Is this your attempt to jump onto the Christian apologetic bandwagon to come up
with yet another explanation for the trinity ... ??? Not at all, I am saying that the Christian standpoint of the Trinity carries weight according to my view. Mine, is meerly the 3 fundamentals to life as I know it/them.
It could I suppose, be seen as a substitution, however to me it makes more sense because it precludes the opportunity of misinterpretation. Except in your case Warre....

If you agree that the Bible be inacurate, then you agree with my excact point. Yes I do agree that it is flawed, however, that does not mean that all is lost and that it contains NO truth. It is to my mind pointless to argue against The Bible or with Christians without recognizing whatever truth does exist....That would be BIAS my friend.

If the Bible is flawed, then it can not have come from a perfect being like the Christians are trying to convince the world.
I made my point on this crystal clear.....NOTHING, in the Universe is perfect.
Now there's an arguement for you...hahaha...lol How can NOTHING be puuuuuurfect...hehe

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:29 am

These "three" are one according to you ... ???

A perception, concept, idea....If you will Warre.....I can NOT make it any clearer than that.

Just as I explained in detail how the value of numbers are NOT "real"....Did you get the point?

It is easy to take a literal interpretation as I think many, however, certainly not all Christians do.

It also seems to me that you take it literally in order to suit your argument, I suspect that that will leave you with a fairly shallow understanding.

Back to top Go down
Bennie
Addict


Male
Number of posts : 392
Location : Johannesburg
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:32 am

From and old Std 10 Biology text book




When the earth formed some 4.6 billion years ago, it was a lifeless, inhospitable place. A billion years later it was teeming with organisms resembling blue-green algae. How did they get there? How, in short, did life begin? This long-standing question continues to generate fascinating conjectures and ingenious experiments, many of which center on the possibility that the advent of self-replicating RNA was a critical milestone on the road to life.

Before the mid-17th century, most people believed that God had created humankind and other higher organisms and that insects, frogs and other small creatures could arise spontaneously in mud or decaying matter. For the next two centuries, those ideas were subjected to increasingly severe criticism, and in the mid-19th century two important scientific advances set the stage for modern discussions of the origin of life.

In one advance Louis Pasteur discredited the concept of spontaneous generation. He offered proof that even bacteria and other microorganisms arise from parents resembling themselves. He thereby highlighted an intriguing question: How did the first generation of each species come into existence?

The second advance, the theory of natural selection, suggested an answer. According to this proposal, set forth by Charles Darwin and Alfred Russel Wallace, some of the differences between

STRANDS OF RNA (branch-like lines) are being synthesized on DNA (vertical line). Today genetic information usually flows from DNA to RNA, but many investigators think some form of RNA evolved before DNA. This idea is central to the RNA-world theory of how life began, which holds that RNA made possible the evolution of DNA and life itself.

Individuals in a population are heritable. When the environment changes, individuals bearing traits that provide the best adaptation to the new environment meet with the greatest reproductive success. Consequently, the next generation contains an increased percentage of well-adapted individuals displaying the helpful characteristics. In other words, environmental pressures select adaptive traits for perpetuation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bennie
Addict


Male
Number of posts : 392
Location : Johannesburg
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:44 am

continue


Repeated generation after generation, natural selection could thus lead to the evolution of complex organisms from simple ones. The theory therefore implied that all current life-forms could have evolved from a single, simple progenitor - an organism now referred to as life's last common ancestor. (This life-form is said to be "last" not "first" because it is the nearest shared ancestor of all contemporary organisms; more distant ancestors must have appeared earlier.)

Darwin, bending somewhat to the religious biases of his time, posited in the final paragraph of The Origin of Species that "the Creator" originally breathed life "into a few forms or into one." Then evolution rook over: "From so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being evolved." In private correspondence, however, he suggested life could have arisen through chemistry, "in some warm little pond, with all sorts of ammonia and phosphoric salts, light, heat, electricity, etc. present." For much of the 20th century, origin-of-life research has aimed to flesh out Darwin's private hypothesis - to elucidate how, without supernatural intervention, spontaneous interaction of the relatively simple molecules dissolved in the lakes or oceans of the prebiotic world could have yielded life's last common ancestor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warrefok
Entheos


Male
Number of posts : 1056
Age : 68
Location : Pretoria - South Africa
Registration date : 2007-10-18

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:57 am

Drewberryboy wrote:
Three things.... My Trinity if you prefer....

Universe

Life force

Man

Where is this flawed?

What do you call them??? PLEASE answer this question......

I call them that, Christians call them...

The Holy Spirit
The Father
The Son
I said your reasoning is flawed because you put God into two of Your substitutes.
Now you chose to rename those substitutes. How do you expect one to understand you
when you keep on changing that which you yourself say you don't even know if you believe?
Drewberryboy wrote:
Do I belive this myself...I am not sure, but to my mind it seems the most likely.

Are you saying the following ??? ...

The Christian Holy Spirit = Your Life force (which you earlier called "The divine energy....aka God aka The holy spirit")
The Christian Father = Your Universe (which you earlier called "the big bang or the Divine God")
The Christian Son = Your Man (and do you exclude all other life forms beyond "man"?) (which you earlier also called "man")

... and that YOUR trinity also does not equal three, but is one ... ???

Drewberryboy wrote:
... ... ... It is to my mind pointless to argue against The Bible or with Christians without recognizing whatever truth does exist....That would be BIAS my friend.
What Christian or Bible "truth" is it that you expect of me to recognise ???

Drewberryboy wrote:
... ... ... .....NOTHING, in the Universe is perfect. ... ... ...
Seems like your knowledge as per "NOTHING, in the Universe is perfect" is indeed perfect knowledge ... ??? BigLaugh
I'd like to know where you got this "perfect knowledge" from.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bennie
Addict


Male
Number of posts : 392
Location : Johannesburg
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:02 pm

Drewberryboy wrote:

[color=blue]I made my point on this crystal clear.....NOTHING, in the Universe is perfect.
Now there's an arguement for you...hahaha...lol How can NOTHING be puuuuuurfect...hehe


BigLaugh BigLaugh BigLaugh BigLaugh BigLaugh How do you measure inperfection and since NOTHING in this Universe is perfect, perhaps you observed PERFECTION in a different UNIVERVERSE after life???????? PONDER on this little verse from Hamlet:

But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscover'd country from whose bourn
No traveller returns, puzzles the will
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all;



Come on Drew!!!! The area of a PERFECT circle =Area of circle = pR2 = p x R x R [ Where p = 22 div 7 and R = the radius]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bennie
Addict


Male
Number of posts : 392
Location : Johannesburg
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:25 pm

Simsi wrote:

"All codes are created by a conscious mind; there is no natural process known to science that creates coded information.
3) Therefore DNA was designed by a mind."

Kindly explain a virus ( not the computer one) A virus has no nucleas no DNA ( Only a single strand RNA)yet it mutates many times apon entering a host cell (with nucleas) ---- here I refer to the HIV virus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warrefok
Entheos


Male
Number of posts : 1056
Age : 68
Location : Pretoria - South Africa
Registration date : 2007-10-18

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:14 pm

Drewberryboy wrote:
These "three" are one according to you ... ???

A perception, concept, idea....If you will Warre.....I can NOT make it any clearer than that.

... ... ...

It also seems to me that you take it literally in order to suit your argument, I suspect that that will leave you with a fairly shallow understanding.
And I witness of more BS ...

You mean to tell me that I am the one taking the trinity concoction literally,
but that that is not how the Christian sees it ... ???

Geezus DBB, look at the "shallow understanding" prosecutor's understanding ...

Drewberryboy wrote:
A perception, concept, idea....If you will Warre

Bull Shit DBB ...
Here are some Christian "declarations of faith" for your enlightenment:


=============================================================
A Declaration of Faith

There is one God, the Father of the living Word, who is His subsistent Wisdom and Power
and Eternal Image: perfect Begetter of the perfect Begotten, Father of the only-begotten
Son. There is one Lord, Only of the Only, God of God, Image and Likeness of Deity, Efficient
Word, Wisdom comprehensive of the constitution of all things, and Power formative of the
whole creation, true Son of true Father, Invisible of Invisible, and Incorruptible of
Incorruptible, and Immortal of Immortal and Eternal of Eternal. And there is One Holy Spirit,
having His subsistence from God, and being made manifest by the Son, to wit to men:
Image of the Son, Perfect Image of the Perfect; Life, the Cause of the living; Holy Fount;
Sanctity, the Supplier, or Leader, of Sanctification; in whom is manifested God the Father,
who is above all and in all, and God the Son, who is through all. There is a perfect Trinity, in
glory and eternity and sovereignty, neither divided nor estranged. Wherefore there is
nothing either created or in servitude in the Trinity; nor anything superinduced, as if at some
former period it was non-existent, and at some later period it was introduced. And thus
neither was the Son ever wanting to the Father, nor the Spirit to the Son; but without
variation and without change, the same Trinity abides ever.

A Declaration of Faith
(BTW ... note all the "perfects" above ... BigLaugh ... you should definitely take them on on that)
=============================================================
WE BELIEVE IN

The Holy Trinity

One God, true and living, of infinite power, wisdom and goodness; the Maker and Preserver
of all things visible and invisible. And that in the unity of this Godhead there be three
Persons, of one substance, power and eternity: the Father who is made of none, neither
created nor begotten; the Son who is of the Father alone, not made nor created, but
begotten, the Holy Ghost who is of the Father and the Son, neither made, nor created, nor
begotten, but proceeding.


WE BELIEVE IN
=============================================================
The Trinity

The doctrine of the Trinity is encapsulated in Matthew 28:19, where Jesus instructs the
apostles: "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the
Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."

The parallelism of the Father, the Son, and the Spirit is not unique to Matthew’s Gospel, but
appears elsewhere in the New Testament (e.g., 2 Cor. 13:14, Heb. 9:14), as well as in the
writings of the earliest Christians, who clearly understood them in the sense that we do
today—that the Father, the Son, and the Spirit are three divine persons who are one divine
being (God).


The Trinity
=============================================================

Enough of that concocted trinity declarations of faith crap for now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:36 am

Why oh why is the homo sapiens species so mind-boggling vulnerable to charlatans ... ???
============================================================


The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes
By Emma Jane Kirby - BBC News, Lourdes - Saturday, 9 February 2008


Before I left I lit a candle for the sick Austrian woman.

You just never know.
BBC

flower I then asked who the charlatan is in this posting.....
flower 6 pages later....after much name-calling etc, we are STILL left with no CONCRETE evidence either way!!!
flower saddest of all, we are now minus another sparklers member and a good friend, my good friend....
flower sad, very, very sad....
flower flower and.....I now see a few new "charlatans" around.......
Back to top Go down
Warrefok
Entheos


Male
Number of posts : 1056
Age : 68
Location : Pretoria - South Africa
Registration date : 2007-10-18

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:59 am

seacomic wrote:
... ... ... flower saddest of all, we are now minus another sparklers member and a good friend, my good friend....
flower sad, very, very sad....
It took me a while to see what you meant ... to realise who left ...
That's the way they go when they realise they were caught red handed talking BS dear,
they always vanish like 'n poep uit 'n nagrok ... not the first, not the last ...

Let me emphasise, I have/had nothing against the man ...
He chose to take me on, and I still do not understand what it is he was trying to preach to me ...

I said it before, and I am going to repeat it here ...
He simply wanted to argue me for the sake of arguing ...

seacomic wrote:
flower flower and.....I now see a few new "charlatans" around.......
This one I still fail to figure out ... scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:48 am

Warrefok wrote:
seacomic wrote:
... ... ... flower saddest of all, we are now minus another sparklers member and a good friend, my good friend....
flower sad, very, very sad....
It took me a while to see what you meant ... to realise who left ...
That's the way they go when they realise they were caught red handed talking BS dear,


caught red-handed talking BS???? who says Drew was talking BS?

they always vanish like 'n poep uit 'n nagrok ... not the first, not the last ...

Let me emphasise, I have/had nothing against the man ...
He chose to take me on, and I still do not understand what it is he was trying to preach to me ...

preaching, WF?.....no, not preaching....giving his point of view......

I said it before, and I am going to repeat it here ...
He simply wanted to argue me for the sake of arguing ...

he was not arguing, WF....he was giving his point of view...

seacomic wrote:
flower flower and.....I now see a few new "charlatans" around.......
This one I still fail to figure out ... scratch

1.go back to the beginning of this posting thread.....gather all the names that have been used/quoted for saying such and such.....
2. the dictionary description for charlatan has been highlighted and posted a few times for you for easy referral
3.This one I still fail to figure out ... scratch....hope the above helps.....
Back to top Go down
Bennie
Addict


Male
Number of posts : 392
Location : Johannesburg
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:53 am

Simsi wrote:

"All codes are created by a conscious mind; there is no natural process known to science that creates coded information.
3) Therefore DNA was designed by a mind."


DNA at work duplicating -------A computer animation


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warrefok
Entheos


Male
Number of posts : 1056
Age : 68
Location : Pretoria - South Africa
Registration date : 2007-10-18

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:55 am

seacomic wrote:
caught red-handed talking BS???? who says Drew was talking BS?
It is there for everybody to see SC:

drewberryboy wrote:
A perception, concept, idea....If you will Warre
Where the hell does he come from with his "perception", "concept" or "idea" ???
That is the literal belief of the Christian, and then, to top it all, he turned around
accusing ME of taking it literally "in order to suit your argument".

I was telling him in no uncertain terms that he was talking BS. I even gave him some
Christian "declarations of faith" regarding the trinity, but instead of answering me,
he chose to run away. Like I said, nothing new to me.

Warrefok wrote:
Bull Shit DBB ...
Here are some Christian "declarations of faith" for your enlightenment:
Then there is his statement that:
drewberryboy wrote:
I made my point on this crystal clear.....NOTHING, in the Universe is perfect.
Now if that aint bull shit, then I don't know.
His statement even includes your God SC, not even He can be perfect according to DBB.
You agree with DBB on that one ???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:21 pm

flower I am a very, very, very proud child of God....
I believe in the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost...
I believe in Jesus Christ, who died on the cross for me....
I believe in my Bible....
I believe in the ten commandments.... flower
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:48 am

Hiya , Bennie :

Quote :
Simsi wrote:

"All codes are created by a conscious mind; there is no natural process known to science that creates coded information.
3) Therefore DNA was designed by a mind."

Yep, according to my knowledge so far ... :
Quote :
there is NO NATURAL process
known to science
Quote :
that creates
coded information ....
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: ...   Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:41 am

Drew , I think I understand your reasoning PERFECTLY .... and quite interesting ...

Yet, Ware's reasoning amounts to perfect nothing .... ...

However,

Kindly ponder this: NOTHING ... is in fact perfect ... please refer to my exposition as previously set out re the atom somewhere else ... ) ... I still stand by it ...

God (or Ware's god , Mother Nature , if you will ) created the heavens and the earth out of NOTHING ... so, NOTHING is in FACT perfect... (and it's free ) ..

In the Latin language you will find ... the plusquam perfectum ... (meaning : more than perfect )...

I must pause here and add ... That I , with my feeble understanding of your mind , Atticus ... am unable to find where Drew , in fact , equated the Christian God or God ... to imperfection ...

The imperfection mentioned ... has to do with (not the perfect harmonious (more than perfect and abundantly awesome ) working of the universe that God created ) ... But , with the free will ...choice ... which God gave to man ... God, therefore , is NOT the dictator ,the cruel God , a term and accusation which you so often lay at His door , Ware ... But , the cruel god , is man and man alone ...

Remember Feddy's Two Wolves ? .... which one will win? ...

The one you feed .... None other than free will ... choice ..

Man who became spiritually dead when he sinned ... In other words ... the spiritual soul , for he was made unto the likeness and image of God , ( perfection) ... became the fleshly man - Spiritually dead .... and loosened from God's perfect image and likeness ...

If you wish to understand Man , the triune nature of man ... mind soul/spirit and body ... and man's imperfectness after the fall ...his spiritual death ... (losskeuring van God ) ... then , read , I urge you .... Atticus , .... THE SPIRITUAL MAN by Watchman Nee ... then , you will also and at once understand why it is necessary for man to be "born again into the Spirit " ... to become whole ,(pure and perfect ) , again ...

This book in THREE VOLUMES is easy to understand ...written in beautiful and fluent English ... the reasoning flows ... the logic , crisp and clear ....


Last edited by SIMSI on Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: ...   Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:25 am

And oh yes, ... Ware ... whereas "hearsay evidence is concerned " ... do not show your ignorance to the world as you do ... I shall reply to your statement later ...

In the mean time ... study the "parole evidence rule " ... intensively ... and intensely .... this rule , so by the way ... was made famous by none other than my grandma's evidence ... and BTW ... she saved a man his farm ....

toodledoo ... Sims ...
Back to top Go down
Warrefok
Entheos


Male
Number of posts : 1056
Age : 68
Location : Pretoria - South Africa
Registration date : 2007-10-18

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:43 am

SIMSI wrote:
... ... ... The one you feed .... None other than free will ... choice .. ... ... ...
Let us look at this so called "free will" nonsense.

How can you possibly deem something free when you must fear consequences? That
completely conflicts with the definition of free.

If I were to hold a gun to your head and say “you have free will to not give me your wallet,
but if you don't I will kill you”, does this mean that you have a choice in the matter?
Of course not. Free means to give or receive something without an expectation of return.
The whole free will concept is self defeating. Rather call it Circumstantial Will, for that is
what it truly is.

All it takes, according to Scripture, to go to hell eternally, is to know about Jesus and to not
accept him as Savior. It doesn’t matter how virtuous you are, how much good you do, how
happy an environment you create for others.

You have free will to accept Jesus or not, yet if you don't, hell for you. What kind of free will
is this ... it is fabricated nonsense.

For Christians "free will" is basically the excuse they use to explain how a perfect God
created people who "fell from grace".

"Free will" is essentially the means by which people sin. Its what allows Christians to put all
the blame for bad things on people and prevent any blame from going to God.

Christian logic:

Q: If God is perfect, and he created a perfect world, then why do so many bad things happen?
A: Free will. ...
BigLaugh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warrefok
Entheos


Male
Number of posts : 1056
Age : 68
Location : Pretoria - South Africa
Registration date : 2007-10-18

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:16 am


"Love thy neighbour ... except if he doesn't conform to your particular religious beliefs."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:45 am

Warrefok wrote:

"Love thy neighbour ... except if he doesn't conform to your particular religious beliefs."

It might be your belief, sad, but definitely not a Christian's beliefs, WF.....
Back to top Go down
Warrefok
Entheos


Male
Number of posts : 1056
Age : 68
Location : Pretoria - South Africa
Registration date : 2007-10-18

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:01 am

seacomic wrote:
Warrefok wrote:

"Love thy neighbour ... except if he doesn't conform to your particular religious beliefs."

It might be your belief, sad, but definitely not a Christian's beliefs, WF.....
I was not quoting Christian beliefs ... I was quoting everyday Christian conduct ...
it is even to be witnessed here on this very forum ...

Like your "
It might be your belief," remark for instance ...
You pretty well know, or should know by now, that I do not live by any beliefs ...
Beliefs are dictated peremptorily and I do not fall for that and you should know that too ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:33 am

Warrefok wrote:
seacomic wrote:
Warrefok wrote:

"Love thy neighbour ... except if he doesn't conform to your particular religious beliefs."

It might be your belief, sad, but definitely not a Christian's beliefs, WF.....
I was not quoting Christian beliefs ... I was quoting everyday Christian conduct ...
it is even to be witnessed here on this very forum ...


you were quoting, WF?
you were making a statement regarding the "everyday Christian conduct"?
As you pretty well know now as well, I will not be quiet when you or anybody else distorts the Christian beliefs/conduct....really, WF.....let's be reasonable, you are not a Christian, as you have stated, so please, you "might" be...translation of the "might" is either/or.....living next door, across the road, acquainted with, doing business with a Christian....it is their CHOICE as is it yours to "love thy neighbour"....just please do not generalize, camping ALL christians in that cage of yours....
being witnessed here as well.....what did you expect?......


Like your "
It might be your belief," remark for instance ...
You pretty well know, or should know by now, that I do not live by any beliefs ...
Beliefs are dictated peremptorily and I do not fall for that and you should know that too ...
if you do not fall for it...then why make the above statement...you in "goading" mode, WF?
you not gonna win this one with me, thats for sure..... lol! Jive flower Jive geek Knipoog flower


Last edited by seacomic on Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   Today at 11:20 pm

Back to top Go down
 
The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Boer War Memorial / Peace Medal
» "Rest In Peace" Chief Justice Roy Moore...
» Fugitive robber confesses to 25-year-old crimes for 'peace of mind'.
» THE GREAT MAROONS OF JAMAICA, THE ACCOMPONG PEOPLE
» WL First week weigh-in

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sparkling Sparklers :: Sparkling Sparklers Forums :: Godsdiens - Religion-
Jump to: