Sparkling Sparklers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'n Vriendelike Veeltalige Internasionale Bymekaarkomplek
A Friendly Multilingual International Social Meeting Point

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Warrefok
Entheos
Warrefok

Male
Number of posts : 1056
Registration date : 2007-10-18

The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 9:32 am

Drewberryboy wrote:
Religion is a Science......Sorry! hehehe
Our bored-member is suddenly on a Simsi like "high" ...
Go for it Drew ... let us know when you are finished so that one can try & respond ...

Let me try and get something in nevertheless ...

Drewberryboy wrote:
... ... ... What do you suppose the big bang theory is??? Science,
or philosophy, or Religion? Hmmmm?
You said it yourself !!! ... It is a theory ...
Put it in whatever category you pleases ... it still remains a theory ...
But the evidence is slowly but surely building up ...
Just like the "String" theory in the youtube video which is also still a theory ...
But like they say, "the race is on" to prove their existence ...

Unlike your BS about an apple being divided into three parts which then "proves", according to you,
that 1+1+1=3 ...
No sorry ... that should read 1+1+1=1
Now that is something to laugh about ... really ...
BigLaugh
Back to top Go down
Warrefok
Entheos
Warrefok

Male

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 10:10 am

Drewberryboy wrote:
... ... ... ...... Now, tell me this hasn't been proven?
Rather you show us where it was proven ... references please ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 10:32 am

Unlike your BS about an apple being divided into three parts which then "proves", according to you,
that 1 1 1=3 ... Now that is something to laugh about ... really ...

No Warre, YOU implied that 1 1 1=3 see below

The Christian tells me that:
1 1 1=1

I say that that is crap ...

In other words, they believe that 1 1 1=1,
and I say that I do not believe that.

I said that 1 1 1=3! OR! 1! and that 1 1 1=3 according to you.....cause thats what you have been taught...and therefor ...you believe it to be so...

I didn't say it prooves anything...On the contrary.....My Dear Sir.....I was talking about the value of 1.
A Mathematical constant which in itself equals UNITY Here's a definition for you again.....

unity

n
noun (plural unities)
the state of being united.
Øa thing forming a complex whole.
Mathematics the number one.
a dramatic principle requiring limitation of the supposed time of a drama to that occupied in acting it or to a single day (unity of time), use of one scene throughout (unity of place), or concentration on a single plot (unity of action).

ORIGIN

Middle English: from Old French
unite, from Latin unitas, from unus 'one'.

I see now, you missed the point. I merely gave you a different perspective....

You are going to have to get up earlier in the morning before you claim that what I say is BS.....

Now thats funny!!!! BigLaugh BigLaugh

Rather you show us where it was proven ... references please ...

Geeze you just don't get it do you????

Why should I answer you, to give you another opportunity to say I'm talking BS again???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 10:34 am

No sorry ... that should read 1+1+1=1

Bwaaahaaahaaa....Now theres nothing....now all of a sudden it appears....lol

Appology accepted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 11:01 am

The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 5 Unknow10
Back to top Go down
Warrefok
Entheos
Warrefok

Male

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 11:04 am

Drewberryboy wrote:
... ... ... Why should I answer you, to give you another opportunity to say I'm talking BS again???
Your telling me I'm talking nonsense is not the same thing ... ???
If you wanna dish it out, prepare to get the same treatment back.

If you agree that 1+1+1=3, and not equal to one, then what are we disagreeing about ...???

That religion is a science or not ... ???

Maybe I used the wrong word by saying "religion" ...
We are discussing the Christian religion, and that is what I meant by religion,
in this context.

I accept resposibilty for not being precise enough ... so let me try again ...

The religion of Christianity is not science ... in fact there are plenty of unscientific BS
contained in the Bible, which after all is the Christian's hypothesis.

For instance, according to the Bible, the earth is flat, is about six thousand years old,
the sun, not the earth, moves ... etc etc ... plenty more BS ...

Like George Bernard Shaw said:

"It is the Bible-educated human who is now the ignoramus. If you doubt it, try to pass an
examination for any practical employment by giving Bible answers to the examiners'
questions. You will be fortunate if you are merely plucked and not certified as a lunatic".

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 11:44 am

Uhmmmm were exactly did I say YOU were talking nonsense?

I said......That's the same as saying, if it exists outside of a lab it's NOT science.....nonsense...

and... I did say, you might have to be prepared to be wrong....

and... I am able to understand that you do not believe it, therefor to you it does not exist.

and... I think you are wrong my friend

and..Why are you not able to understand that .

Now your words Warre.....

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 11:48 am

The Bible says the earth is round, showing that its authors were inspired to understand science beyond their time.

flower please read the above 1 more time.....
Source:

Morris, Henry M., 1986. Science and the Bible. Chicago: Moody Press, pp. 13-14.
Jeffrey, Grant R., 1996. The Signature of God. Toronto: Frontier Research Publications, p. 114.

Response:

1. The passage saying the earth is round is Isaiah 40:22:
    He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.
    This passage may reasonably be interpreted as referring to a flat circular earth with the heavens forming a dome above it. Such an interpretation is consistent with other passages of the Bible which refer to a solid firmament (Gen. 1:6-20, 7:11; Ezekiel 1:22-26; Job 9:8, 22:14, etc.). It is also consistent with the cosmology common in neighboring cultures.

Isaiah 11:12 refers to the "four quarters of the earth", but we do not take that as indicative of the earth's shape.
  2. The shape of the earth may already have been known in Isaiah's time. Ancient astronomers could determine that the earth was round by observing its circular shadow move across the moon during lunar eclipses. There is some suggestion that the Egyptians knew of the earth's spherical size and shape around 2550 B.C.E. (more than a thousand years before Moses). The Greek philosopher Pythagoras, who was born in 532 B.C.E., defended the spherical theory on the basis of observations he had made of the shape of the sun and moon (Uotila 1984). If this information was known by educated Greeks and Egyptians during biblical times, its use by Isaiah is nothing special.

flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 11:50 am

If you agree that 1+1+1=3, and not equal to one, then what are we disagreeing about ...???

Again...You are missing my point.....Seems to me you are missing it on purpose.

I said 1 1 1 = 3 OR....OR.....OR.....OR 1 1 1=1 It depends how you look at it!!!!!!

I NEVER agreed that 1 1 1 does NOT equal 1 ??????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 11:59 am

I said 1 1 1 = 3 OR....OR.....OR.....OR 1 1 1=1 It depends how you look at it!!!!!!

well, geewhizzzzz, Drew...I see it as a Nelson ...lift yr feet quick..... Knipoog

I NEVER agreed that 1 1 1 does NOT equal 1 ??????[/quote]

no it doesnt.....it equals ....111....

ok, sc, back to ya corner....
Back to top Go down
Warrefok
Entheos
Warrefok

Male

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 12:03 pm

Drewberryboy wrote:
... ... ... Why are you not able to understand that .
Right ... let me try to understand you then:

Do you DBB believe:

• that the earth is no older than 8,000 years,
  • in the global flood, and ark of Noah,
  • that roughly 2,000 years ago, someone died for your sins,
  • that if you do not accept Jesus as redeemer,
    you will be dumped in hell for eternity ... ???

Back to top Go down
Warrefok
Entheos
Warrefok

Male

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 12:12 pm

seacomic wrote:
The Bible says the earth is round, showing that its authors were inspired to understand science beyond their time. ... ... ...
According to the Bible, the earth has foundations, pillars and four corners.

The Earth has foundations :

Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever �
- Psalms, 104/5

The Earth has pillars :

for the pillars of the earth are the Lord�s, and he bath set the world upon them�
- I Samuel, 2/8

The Earth has four corners :

And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth,
holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth,
nor on the sea, nor on any tree�
- Revelation, 7/1

The sun, not the earth, moves !

Joshua commanded the sun to standstill and not the earth. This is Biblical Science !

And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves
upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the
midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.�
- Joshua, 10/13

Thomas Jefferson said:

The gospel history of Jesus consists of a groundwork of vulgar ignorance,
of things impossible, of superstitions, fanaticism, and fabrications.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 12:24 pm

The Christian concoction is simply unintelligible hogwash ...

That is your problem Simsi ...

I say again ... I respond to what others try to convince me by saying that that beliefs are crap.

The Christian tells me that:
1+1+1=1

I say that that is crap ...

You are being truly silly now you know ...

but that does not mean that we are not allowed to
express our different views on the subject.

Bull crap man ... that is not experiment ... that is gamble ...

Geez woman ... you can be silly so early in the morning hey ...

As far as science is concerned ... rather be quiet ...
don't showcase your ignorance so loud man ...

Our bored-member is suddenly on a Simsi like "high" ..

Geeze Warre, I don't think you should be pointing fingers on dishing out treatment.....
Is this really necessary????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 12:27 pm

• that the earth is no older than 8,000 years, I've answered that several times already, why are you asking me again
  • in the global flood, and ark of Noah, No I don't belive that it was possible to house 2 of every single species of animal on a boat at the same time for that lenght of time.
  • that roughly 2,000 years ago, someone died for your sins, Personally no, I don't know if that is true...It's a possibility
  • that if you do not accept Jesus as redeemer,
    you will be dumped in hell for eternity ... ??? No I dont believe that its an exclusive policy

• Back to top Go down
    Warrefok
    Entheos
    Warrefok

Male

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 12:34 pm

Drewberryboy wrote:

... ... ...

Geeze Warre, I don't think you should be pointing fingers on dishing out treatment.....
    Is this really necessary????
    I talk in general DBB ... I include myself ... I do not cry when you respond in the same way ...
    But it looks to me as if you are arguing for the sake of arguing ...

It seems that the one moment you are against the Christian teachings,
    and the next you want to defend it ...

That is why I asked you some specific questions to try and understand what it is you are on about ...

As it is ... one moment you are bored with all of this, the next you are full of interest again ...
    make up you mind man ...
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 1:31 pm

I talk in general DBB .. I include myself ... I do not cry when you respond in the same way ... AGAIN...Where have I responded in THIS way ^^^^^^
    And who is "crying" as you put it? I'm meerly saying, is it necessary to say other peoples thoughts/views/opinions/beliefs are crap or BS or on a Simsi like "high"

But it looks to me as if you are arguing for the sake of arguing ...Ummm No, I don't think so. I'm presenting my points and opinions, in a way that is to me less offensive or insulting. and I can tell you this, telling someone that their views/beliefs are crap, is almost a surefire way of creating an arguement, so who's argueing for the sake of argueing???

It seems that the one moment you are against the Christian teachings,
    and the next you want to defend it ...As I have said, I don't absolutely know the Truth, if there is one....
    I'm not defending any religion or non religion, where have I said I'm for or against? I in fact remember saying that all have their own merit....

That is why I asked you some specific questions to try and understand what it is you are on about ...You got the answers

As it is ... one moment you are bored with all of this, the next you are full of interest again ...
    make up you mind man ...Sheesh I get bored of eating to...can you imagine I didn't ever stop?
    I'll start and stop...Whenever I please...Thank you!
    Back to top Go down
    Warrefok
    Entheos
    Warrefok

Male

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 1:40 pm

Drewberryboy wrote:
    ... ... ... I'll start and stop...Whenever I please...Thank you!
    Yes I have no doubt about that ...
    whenever you can not answer ... you will stop
    after some googling ... you'll enthusiastically start all over again ...

Drew, my arguing is against the Christian teaching, against their crusades, against their proselytizing ...
    Whenever you wish to join (start), you are welcome,
    whenever you wish to depart (stop), you are welcome.

And ... when I see crap, I will call it crap ... thank you ...
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 1:46 pm

Now to answer your question... Rather you show us where it was proven ... references please ...

The Universe( The father) started somewhere...be it the big bang or the Divine God. The universe exists or would you like to dispute that?

From that came the offspring as I explained, man and the son of man. One could apply the evolution theory here. Man exists or would you like to dispute that?

The divine energy....aka God aka The holy spirit...e in energy...It exists or would you like to dispute that? Call it any name you want to, the name has no relavence...yet it exists....at least to our percieved reality...

What more do you need?

3"things" perhaps not easilly or accurately understood but I'm sure by now you catch my drift.
    Do I belive this myself...I am not sure, but to my mind it seems the most likely.
    whether you are talking Christain religion or science theory or phylosophy....It still comes down to these 3 if you ask me.

'Sure the Bible is inaccurate, so what nothing is perfect in the Universe...That does not mean it does not contain some truth... both science and phylosophy have there own short comings as well.... and believing in nothing at all does too...
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 1:53 pm

Yes I have no doubt about that ...
    whenever you can not answer ... you will stop... I'm, sorry again Warre, I wasn't aware I was at your beck and call to reply when it suits you.

after some googling ... you'll enthusiastically start all over again ... Sure...I actively search the net for answers and explainations...No man is an island...as I am sure you do to....If you will recall I think that was last friday??? Once again I appologise for having other more important things to do.

Drew, my arguing is against the Christian teaching, against their crusades, against their proselytizing ...
    Whenever you wish to join (start), you are welcome,
    whenever you wish to depart (stop), you are welcome.

And ... when I see crap, I will call it crap ... thank you ...As I said.....you may then expect an arguement.At least from me......lol
    lol!
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 1:57 pm

Meanwhile.... Drew, my arguing is against the Christian teaching, against their crusades, against their proselytizing ...

Well my viewpoint on that is much the same as yours I think Warre....The stories are flawed, there can be little doubt that nothing is perfect, but i think its important to keep an open mind about it.....
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 2:12 pm

Sorry Warre...I have to go now...I've got some important drinking to do, seeing as it's Friday again..... Pidu
    Here...Have yourself a merry little HOOB! Rasta Bro Weed Dude
    Back to top Go down
    Warrefok
    Entheos
    Warrefok

Male

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 5:26 pm

Drewberryboy wrote:
    Now to answer your question... Rather you show us where it was proven ... references please ...

The Universe( The father) started somewhere...be it the big bang or the Divine God. The universe exists or would you like to dispute that?

From that came the offspring as I explained, man and the son of man. One could apply the evolution theory here. Man exists or would you like to dispute that?

The divine energy....aka God aka The holy spirit...e in energy...It exists or would you like to dispute that? Call it any name you want to, the name has no relavence...yet it exists....at least to our percieved reality...

What more do you need?
    Depends on what you are trying to prove ...
    Is this now your understanding of the "holy trinity" ... ???
    Is this your "proof" that 1+1+1=1 ... ???

What is your point ...???

• "the big bang or the Divine God"
    • "Man exists or would you like to dispute that?"
    • "The divine energy....aka God aka The holy spirit"
    These "three" are one according to you ... ???
    First you've got God as the big bang, then again you've got God as divine energy ... ???

Your reasoning is flawed DBB.

Drewberryboy wrote:
    3"things" perhaps not easilly or accurately understood but I'm sure by now you catch my drift.
    As you can see ... I don't ...
    Is this your attempt to jump onto the Christian apologetic bandwagon to come up
    with yet another explanation for the trinity ... ???

Drewberryboy wrote:
    Do I belive this myself...I am not sure, but to my mind it seems the most likely.
    whether you are talking Christain religion or science theory or phylosophy....It still comes down to these 3 if you ask me.
    Like I said, you did not even succeed to manufacture three. Two components of your trinity is God.

Drewberryboy wrote:
    'Sure the Bible is inaccurate, so what nothing is perfect in the Universe...That does not mean it does not contain some truth... both science and phylosophy have there own short comings as well.... and believing in nothing at all does too...
    If you agree that the Bible be inacurate, then you agree with my excact point.
    If the Bible is flawed, then it can not have come from a perfect being like the
    Christians are trying to convince the world.
    Back to top Go down
    Warrefok
    Entheos
    Warrefok

Male

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 5:43 pm

Drewberryboy wrote:
    ... ... ... And ... when I see crap, I will call it crap ... thank you ...
    As I said.....you may then expect an arguement.At least from me......lol
    lol!
    Ooooooooooooooh ... look how I shiver in my pants ... affraid
    Gogga maak vir baba bang ...
    lol!

Not a problem DBB ... call it argument, call it debate, call it what we want,
    it is human nature I guess, when others can't see what we see, we start labelling each other ...
    BigLaugh
    Back to top Go down
    Warrefok
    Entheos
    Warrefok

Male

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 5:49 pm

Drewberryboy wrote:
    ... ... ... Here...Have yourself a merry little HOOB! Rasta Bro Weed Dude
    Thank you brah ... (1) Bring Beer ... (2) Rasta Bro ... (3) Band
    Now there's a yet to be defined trinity that can go down well with me ... if you ask me ... Kickin Supa Dude Jive
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: ...   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 11:38 pm

http://www.randommutation.com/

Go and do the maths , proff ...
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes   The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The challenge of finding peace in Lourdes
    Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    Sparkling Sparklers :: Sparkling Sparklers Forums :: Godsdiens - Religion-
    Jump to: