'n Vriendelike Veeltalige Internasionale Bymekaarkomplek
A Friendly Multilingual International Social Meeting Point

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Zimbabweans to pay more for passports

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Warrefok
Entheos

Male
Number of posts : 1056
Registration date : 2007-10-18

PostSubject: Zimbabweans to pay more for passports   Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:09 pm

Johannesburg, South Africa - 03 December 2007

Passport fees in Zimbabwe have been increased,
Zimbabwe's government mouthpiece Herald newspaper reported on Monday.

The fees were last reviewed in May this year.

According to a notice at the registrar-general's office in Harare, an ordinary
passport for an adult now costs Z$5-million, up from Z$150 000, the report said.

---snip---snip---snip---snip---snip---snip---snip---snip---snip---snip---snip---snip---

http://www.mg.co.za/articlePage.aspx?articleid=326616&area=/breaking_news/breaking_news__africa/
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Zimbabweans to pay more for passports   Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:26 am

Ridiculous...... Bob's cashing in on all his peeps leaving the cuntry.

I recently terminated the employment of two Zimbo casual staff....Neither of them had passports or work permits (fook knows how they cross the border), remembering back a few years to when you could be fined up to 30k for not having the correct paper work.

They both "managed" to return with work permits two days later (without a passport?)....Now here's the catch.....
Both documents were a colour copy (incl.red date stamp) from a blank original. They simply printed the inviduals names etc on the copied form....So all seemed to be in order...well almost.

Then you turn the papers over to find that....hey!!!! these guys are identical twins!!!!...they even have the same fingerprints........lol BigLaugh

I told them to take a hike....only to find out later that they don't need to have a work permit in order to secure enployment in an untrained enviroment, now I don't know if that is true or not.....?? but anways..... These blokes tell me that the locals don't work and sit around in the squatter camps all day, then when pay day comes around so do the locals for their weekly "share" ....quite shocking! affraid
I am sure they were conned into paying for the forged docs aswell....well obviously, seeing as they were fake and may not have needed them in the first place....
Back to top Go down
Warrefok
Entheos

Male
Number of posts : 1056
Registration date : 2007-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Zimbabweans to pay more for passports   Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:40 am

Drewberryboy wrote:
Ridiculous...... Bob's cashing in on all his peeps leaving the cuntry ... ... ...
From one Banana Republic to another one to be ... soon ... or did I miss the inauguration ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Zimbabweans to pay more for passports   Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:59 am

one word......... asylum
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zimbabweans to pay more for passports   Today at 12:45 am

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1